Friday, September 23, 2005

For my midterm project I will be exploring the theory and work of Alvar Aalto. My intention is to utilize as a guideline the organizing outline described in the syllabus. Specifically, sections will include an introduction, a biography, a review of relevant influences, an analysis of three projects, and the resulting conclusions. My primary goal for the project will be to emphasize real connections between Aalto’s theory and his architecture. In addition to information found in the required reading for the course, my research will draw from multiple sources including, but not limited to:

Alvar Aalto: Between Humanism and Materialism by Alvar Aalto, Peter Reed, and Kenneth Frampton

Modern Architecture, a Critical History by Kenneth Frampton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home